The Senior Benefit Analyst is responsible for processing submitted electronic claims to ensure proper filing procedures and that processing guidelines and rules have been followed. The Senior Benefit Analyst also validates claim or referral submissions to determine, review, or apply appropriate guidelines, coding, member identification processes, provider selection processes, claim coding, including procedure, diagnosis and pre-coding requirements and refers complex/questionable claims to the Claims Manager for further review.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts analysis around various claims payment processes to ensure accuracy of system configuration and provider payments.
- Investigates and resolves problem claims, while focusing on improving errors and problems to prevent future occurrences.
- Perform and execute various claims process testing requests to ensure desired results are met to support accurate claims payments.
- Complies with performance standards as set forth by the Claims Manager.
- Analyzes and adjudicates complex claims that cannot be auto adjudicated.
- Adjudicates claims by, including but not limited to, applying medical necessity guidelines, determining coverage and completing eligibility verification, identifying discrepancies and applying all cost containment measures.
- Process medical claims by approving or denying documentation, calculating benefits due initiating a payment or denial letter.
- Follow any Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) changes affecting claims processing.
- Aid Claim Manager in auditing check files, and trainee paid claims.
- Mentor new employees and junior analysts.
- Follow company policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure legal compliance.
- Update claims knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, whether system oriented or medical coding/terminology/interpretation.
- 5- years of Claims Adjustment experience/ previous claims processing experience
- Knowledge in Podiatry, Orthopedic and/or Dermatology specialties preferred
- Knowledge of HIPAA policies, Medical Terminology, ICD-9(10) and CPT Knowledge
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Microsoft office and Internet proficient
- Previous experience with systems processing
- Research skills
- Data Entry and Documentation skills
- Problem solving, Analytical and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret medical documentation
- Detailed oriented
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday general time span: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires less than 10% travel
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Apply Now!
Please click the link above to send us an email and apply.
Please remember to attach your résumé.