The Paralegal will lead strategic and tactical legal initiatives and be responsible for reviewing and drafting agreements. In addition, the Paralegal performs support functions in the daily operations of the Legal Department by reviewing, gathering, organizing and processing information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct legal research and drafting as requested
- File correspondence and legal documents in office filing system
- Create organizational documents, including, but not limited to, operating agreements, articles of incorporation, stock certificates and merger agreements
- Draft contracts, such as confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements, employment contracts and non-compete agreements
- Assist in preparing legal documents
- Assist with ethics and compliance programs
- Ensure that the company operates within the legal requirements set forth by local, state and federal regulations
- Participate in the development and maintenance of corporate policies, procedures, and programs
- Provide administrative support for General Counsel
- Successfully complete special projects and other assignments as requested
- Associates degree (A.A.) in paralegal studies or one to two years of equivalent experience.
- Paralegal certification preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Teamwork Orientation
- Communication Proficiency
- Presentation Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday general time span: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires less than 5% travel.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Apply Now!
Please click the link above to send us an email and apply.
Please remember to attach your résumé.